The students in the Fall 2012 Science of Diversity course gave a presentation about the project and findings form their literature review on December 11, 2012.
View our Powerpoint presentation: SOD Fall 2012 Presentation
View our Literature Review briefs: SOD Fall 2012 Briefs
This project explores the broad theme of differences in power, diversity and privilege within the multiple stakeholder groups within the university (faculty, staff, students and administration).
We focus specifically on governance, influence and decision-making.
– Creating a student-centered scholarly experience
– Documenting Mason’s multiple narratives of diversity
– Recommending change by engaging university decision-makers
– Giving voice to university and community stakeholders
– Promoting evidence-based activism and social justice